NFC RFID Reader Writer - µFR Advance with SAM card - Programmer with Real-Time Clock and EEPROM + FREE SDK
- Buy 5 for €91.95 each and save 3.21%
- Buy 10 for €88.64 each and save 6.7%
- Buy 25 for €84.83 each and save 10.71%
- Buy 50 for €81.09 each and save 14.64%
- Buy 100 for €77.53 each and save 18.39%
- Buy 200 for €74.05 each and save 22.05%
NFC Reader Writer - uFR Advance with SAM card
uFR Advance is a second model in Digital Logic’s uFR Series of NFC RFID readers writers, which represents improved version of uFR Classic.
It is NFC Forum & RFID compatible contactless reader/writer which successfully implements ISO14443 A & B and ISO18092 standards on HF working frequency of 13.56 MHz.
This device is genuine Digital Logic product, 100% designed, produced and programmed at company premises located in Serbia, Europe.
All models of uFR Series are using the same SDK API and are totally compatible and interoperable in common set of functions.
Device is primarily intended for developing companies and individuals (professionals and hobbyist) for further application and turnkey solutions development. For that reason it comes with fully featured SDK package, which includes firmware, libraries, software examples and documentation for various platforms, operating systems and developing environments. Regular SDK upgrades (including firmware, libraries and API) are launched often and can be obtained by company’s website for FREE. All products have extended “Three year” warranty.
All mentioned facts combined with free extensive and fast responsive support give this product an outstanding position in this industry sector.
Reader’s RF communication is based on NXP’s powerful, highly integrated reader IC for contactless communication at 13.56 MHz, which supports all protocol layers of the ISO/IEC 14443 A, ISO/IEC 14443 B and ISO/IEC 18092 communication standards.
All variants of the MIFARE® cards family (MIFARE Mini® , MIFARE Classic® 1K, MIFARE Classic® 4K, MIFARE Ultralight®, MIFARE Ultralight C® MIFARE DESFire® EV1 and MIFARE Plus® ) RF identification protocols are supported. Additionally, NFC Forum specification for “Type 2 Tag” is supported, which adds NTAG2xx chip family to above list.
It has built-in anti-collision mechanism for detecting multiple cards at time. Built-in well-tuned antenna provides proximity operating distance up to 80 mm (depending on card’s antenna geometry) and contactless communication speed at higher baud rates (up to 424 kBd).
Device also has built in Crypto1® algorithm and secure non-volatile internal key memory storage for better security. Communication with host is provided by using USB 2.0 Full Speed compatible interface. Data transfer rates are limited from 9600 baud to 1 Mbaud, for integrity and security reasons.
Reader can also act as a serial interface device using FTDI’s Virtual COM port (VCP) drivers.
Audible (speaker) and 2 LEDs visible indicators are built in and absolutely user controllable.
Active amplified antenna with RF booster – providing better and more homogenous card reading range. (Optional)
SAM (Secure Access Module) slot for PCM1.1 SAM cards – ideal for storing keys in the most secure manner and for performing secure cryptography operations. (Optional)
Main differences compared to uFR Classic are:
- addition of RTC (Real Time Clock), which provides always accurate time to prevent fake logs and timestamps
- user configurable, password protected part of EEPROM, which is convenient for storing sensitive data, like license keys or similar.
This model is also available as OEM PCB board.
Since hardware is based on MCU platform, it runs on company developed custom firmware. Communication between host and reader is provided through high speed direct access FTDI chip features.
At core communication level device uses company developed, proprietary communication protocol, which is well documented in SDK API reference.
Firmware has a lot of built-in complex functions which can be called via libraries provided in SDK API. Most of functions are written to make “life easier”, like:
- Multiple readers on same host support
- Whole set of commands for MIFARE® card manipulation according to manufacturer’s specification
- Different addressing schemes (Block, BlockInSector)
- Key storage manipulation (one way, write only, no reading of stored keys)
- Different key applying modes (by index or scheme)
- Value block manipulation
- Treating whole card memory structure as linear space (very convenient for MIFARE Classic® cards)
- NFC tags manipulation, NDEF format parsing in firmware
- AES128 “on fly” hardware encryption built-in, which is the most important when working with complex DESFire security keys and cards
- AES128 encryption of files and keys in DESFire cards
- MIFARE Plus support
- MIFARE Ultralight C support
- APDU command structure support where applicable (ISO14443-4 layer)
- Asynchronous sending of card UID from reader to host COM port when card is present; feature is user programmable
- DateTime RTC functions, time setting is password protected
- User EEPROM area, free for reading, password protected writing
- and many more …
Main point about firmware is that all firmware functions can be called via communication protocol, too.
That fact moves usage of this device into other dimension, meaning that this reader can be used on almost any platform which has serial interface, by simply using communication protocol. So it can be freely used on PC, tablet, smart phone, embedded systems, Raspberry Pi, Beagle Board, MIPS boards, PLCs and other platforms.
Firmware is regularly updated with new versions which include new features, improvements and bug-fixes, while preserving backward compatibility with older versions. That means your code is safe, there is no need for changes when new firmware comes out. All firmware upgrades are totally FREE and can be obtained through download section of company’s website.
Software Development Kit (SDK) package
Reader comes with fully featured SDK which consist of external libraries, software examples with source codes, documentation about API reference and communication protocol and some useful software tools.
Libraries are cross-compiled for various platforms and regularly supported are Windows x86/x64 and UWP, Linux x86/x64, Mac OSX x64, ARM/ARM HF and Arduino. Other platforms can be supported as custom release, on customers demand, depending on existence of project or partnership relation.
Software examples are divided in three stages according to complexity, with some new additions of NFC examples.
All software examples are written for all major developing platforms and languages, like:
- Java (and Java Applet example),
- Borland Delphi,
- C++ Borland Builder,
- Microsoft® Visual .NET family: C++, C#, VB
- Arduino IDE examples
Other programming languages examples can be obtained on customer demand, , depending on existence of project or partnership relation.
Software package includes set of very useful applications intended for everyday use, like:
- Application for programming and manipulation of NFC compliant cards like NTAG and MIFARE Ultralight®, with source code included.
- Android NFC phone App - Android NFC phone Application for MIFARE® card reading. Write a card with uFR, read it with NFC phone!
- Card formatter - application for card/tag formatting and programming
- uFR2FileSystem - keyboard simulation, card data reading, card data parsing into several formats and sending data to MySQL database via HTTP.
- Application for NTAG and MIFARE Ultralight® card programming and manipulation.
- Application for creating and writing common NDEF messages into NFC tags and cards
- Reader Keys application – for easy manipulation of keys stored in reader
- Application for managing of DESFire cards
- Examples of credit card use with reading of public data
- Shell like environment for easy testing and automation
- Web extensions for Chrome, Firefox and Opera
Documentation contains fully explained API reference and communication protocol reference with real “hands-on” byte level examples for implementing communication protocol. However, API is much more comfortable and recommended way of implementation. Where not possible, implementation of communication protocol is very good alternative.
All libraries, software examples, tools and documents are regularly updated. They are totally FREE and can be obtained through download section of company’s website.
Our support team always provides quick response, usually not more than 24 hours, which also depends of complexity and question itself.
We can also provide custom solutions based on each customer's needs, so please free to contact us for any question or further help regarding your projects and implementation.
- Electronic payment systems
- Identification systems
- Access control systems
- Subscriber services
- Banking systems
- Digital content systems
- Customer loyalty
- Vending machines
- Time & attendance
- Machine work attendance
- NFC cards and tags programming
- NFC NDEF record management
- Network access control
- Inventory management
- Software login management
- Automatic fare collection
- Public transportation terminals
- Cashless payment
- Parking lot systems
- Reception desks
- Visitor attendance
- Authentication and authorization
- Libraries, museums, stadium events
- Identity verification, data exchange & contactless transaction
- Useful for binding device to software license
- Supporting multiple OS (Win, Linux, Android)
- USB compliant interface
- Operating Frequency: 13.56MHz
- Proximity read/write speed up to 424 kbps
- Built-in antenna for contactless tag access, with card reading distance of up to 80 mm
- Supports MIFARE® and other ISO 14443 Type A/B cards and tags
- Supports ISO18092 NFC tags
- Built-in anti-collision feature
- Built in AES128 hardware encryption
- Reader locking by passwords and keys
- Application Programming Interface:
- Virtual COM through FTDI
- User controllable LEDs
- Three years warranty
- NFC cards and tags manipulation
- NFC NDEF record writing like MIME types, URI types, vCard, SMS, Phone, URL
- Card formatting
- Linear card space emulation
- Direct card block access
- Indirect card sector and block access
- Card keys and access bits management
- Block values management (increment/decrement)
- Asynchronously sending card UID to COM port (feature programmable)
- DES and 3DES software encryption
- Optional APDU structure with examples of credit card use by reading public data
- Shell like environment for easy testing and automation
- Web extensions for Chrome, Firefox and Opera
- Digital Signing examples : signing digital document with PKI certificates in contactless way
Depending on antenna geometry and reader configuration, operating distance is 2-8cm (0,78"-3,15")
Up to 424 kbps
Supported cards and tags
Type A (Hardware + Software), Type B (Hardware)
Supported cards: MIFARE Mini® , MIFARE Classic® 1K / 4K, MIFARE Ultralight®, MIFARE Ultralight® C, NTAG2xx, MIFARE DESFire® EV1, MIFARE Plus®
AES128 (hardware, by reader's firmware), DES/3DES (software, by library)
Connection and power supply
USB 2.0 port, power supplied through USB port
Supported Operating Systems
Microsoft® Windows™, Linux®, OS X, Android **
ISO/IEC 14443A & B, ISO/IEC 18092
USB cable, Free software download
Real Time Clock (RTC), EEPROM
16cm x 12.6cm x 3.2cm (6,3" x 5" x 1,2")
-10 +50 ° C
Cards, keyfobs or tags
* P2P in not yet supported in this version of the reader.
** Reader works with mentioned platforms and is visible as serial device. However, serial protocol must be implemented separately and is not part of SDK
One uFR Advance NFC Reader Writer Set Includes:
1 x uFR Advance NFC Reader Writer
1 x NXP Av2 SAM card (insterted in the SAM slot)
1 x USB cable
5 x ISO14443 Contactless 1k cards (or key fobs*)
*Notice: key fob color and shape may differ from the one shown in the product photo.
Customs duties & taxes
|Software Support||Software Development Kit (SDK), Executable Software Tools, Hardware-Integrated Software, Open-source Software Support, Updateable Firmware, Dedicated Libraries|
|Manufacturer||Digital Logic Ltd|
|Brand||µFR D-Logic (uFR)|