Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
RFID NFC Reader Writer - µFR Nano OEM - Smart Card Programmer + FREE SDK
NFC RFID contactless reader/writer – µFR Nano OEM is an advanced development tool based on NFC and RFID technology. It operates at a frequency of 13.56 MHz, compliant with ISO14443 A&B and ISO18092 standards.
- Buy 5 for €54.20 each and save 3.21%
- Buy 10 for €52.25 each and save 6.7%
- Buy 25 for €50.00 each and save 10.71%
- Buy 50 for €47.80 each and save 14.64%
- Buy 100 for €45.70 each and save 18.39%
- Buy 200 for €44.77 each and save 20.05%
RFID NFC Reader Writer - µFR Nano OEM
ISO14443 Type A & B, ISO18092 Card Programmer
RFID NFC contactless reader/writer – µFR Nano OEM is an advanced development tool based on NFC and RFID technology. It operates at a frequency of 13.56 MHz, compliant with ISO14443 A&B and ISO18092 standards.
This NFC module is primarily designed as a professional tool for IT companies and individuals engaged in RFID NFC solution development. It comes with free SDK source code examples, cross-platform libraries, upgradeable firmware, and a well-documented API and communication protocol.
We also provide plug-and-play apps that make µFR Nano an excellent choice for end-users, as well.
This small but powerful device is fully featured and fully NFC compatible. It is available with USB, UART (TTL), or RS232 connectivity options. Followed by a well-documented API, software SDK, cross-platform libraries, firmware upgrades, and excellent technical support, it’s a No 1 tool for any RFID NFC custom project development.
This RFID NFC readers’ RF communication is based on its robust, highly integrated NXP IC interface. The device operates on HF 13.56 MHz and successfully communicates with cards, labels, wristbands, and tags of ISO/IEC 14443 A, ISO/IEC 14443 B, and ISO/IEC 18092 standard.
With outstanding modulation and demodulation concepts, and many integrated 13.56 MHz contactless communication protocols, this device implementation becomes reliable and simple for every RFID NFC solution developer.
Both hardware and software, are fully developed, tested, and successfully implemented with MIFARE®, NTAG21x, NTAG 4xx DNA, and JCOP family cards/tags:
- MIFARE Mini®,
- MIFARE Classic® (1K, 4K, EV1),
- MIFARE Ultralight®,
- MIFARE Ultralight C®,
- MIFARE Plus® (2K, 4K, S, X, EV1),
- MIFARE DESFire® (Light, 2K, 4K, 8K, EV1, EV2),
- NXP NTAG® 21x (210, 213, 215, 216, Tag Tamper),
- NXP NTAG® 4xx DNA (413, 424),
- NXP JCOP® Java Card (J3A040, J3A081, J3H145, JC30M48CR).
Besides, this tool supports all other tags compatible with the listed above.
Even though the supported technologies list is already comprehensive, our development team constantly works on product improvements and upgrades, staying in line with this technology’s global trends.
THIS RFID MODEL IS ALSO AVAILABLE AS AN OEM NFC MODULE.
The OEM board is available in three versions:
- USB – with standard micro-USB connector
- UART TTL – with the 5-pin male header connector
- RS-232 – via an adapter with a DB9 connector.
Digital Logic proprietary interoperable firmware runs on all MCU platform-based µFR Series hardware. The reader and the host communicate through the high-speed FTDI chip direct access.
At the core, on the communication level, the device uses a Digital Logic unique proprietary communication protocol.
The µFR Series firmware contains many complex built-in functions that can be called via libraries explained in API docs.
Most of the functions are developed to make work easier for developers and integrators by decreasing their development time, such as:
- Support for multiple RFID NFC readers on a single host.
- The whole set of commands for MIFARE Classic® manipulation according to the manufacturer’s specification
- Various addressing schemes (Block, BlockInSector)
- The key storage handling (one way, write only, no reading of stored keys)
- Various key applying modes (by index or scheme)
- Value block manipulation
- Using the entire memory structure as linear space (convenient for most card types)
- NFC tags handling, NDEF format parsing in firmware
- AES128 “on the fly” built-in hardware encryption, which is extremely important for working with complex DESFire security keys
- AES128 encryption of files and keys in DESFire cards
- MIFARE Plus support
- MIFARE Ultralight C support
- APDU command structure support, where applicable (ISO 14443-4 layer)
- Asynchronous UID sending from reader to host COM port when a card is present – the feature is user-programmable.
The μFR Firmware key feature is the ability to call all its functions using our communication protocol.
Therefore, the μFR device implementation is possible on almost any platform with a serial interface by using the communication protocol.
Supported platforms include:
- Embedded systems
- Raspberry Pi and other compatible Single Board Computers
- MIPS boards
Frequent firmware updates include new features, improvements, and bug fixes while preserving backward compatibility with the previous versions. Accordingly, project code and developed software are safe, so there is no need for any changes after a firmware upgrade. All firmware updates and upgrades are FREE and available at the Digital Logic official website.
Software Development Kit
This RFID NFC reader comes with a fully-featured Software Development Kit with external libraries, examples with source codes, documentation about API references, communication protocol, and many useful software tools.
Libraries are cross-compiled for various platforms and so far support:
- Windows x86/x64
- Windows ARM/UWP
- Linux x86/x64
- Linux ARM/ARM64/ARM HF
- macOS x64
- iOS x64
Our team is ready to develop additional libraries on client requests. The request realization speed depends on our current project plans and eventual partnership agreement.
All examples are written for all major developing platforms and languages, such as:
- Java Applet
- Borland Delphi
- C++ Borland Builder
- C++ WxWidgets
- Microsoft® Visual .NET family: C++.NET, C#.NET, VB.NET
- Arduino IDE examples.
Our team is ready to develop additional SDK examples in other programming languages on client requests. The request realization speed depends on our current project plans and eventual partnership agreement.
The package includes a set of very useful SDK source code software and executable apps. Some of these are:
- MIFARE Classic® (1k, 4k, EV1) cards and tags programming software
- MIFARE® DESFire® (Light, 2k, 4k, 8k, EV1, EV2) cards and tags programming software
- MIFARE PLUS® (2k, 4k) cards and tags programming software
- MIFARE Ultralight® (EV1) cards and tags programming software
- MIFARE Ultralight® C cards and tags programming software
- NTAG® (2xx, DNA, Tag Tamper) cards and tags programming software
- Application for common NDEF messages creating and writing into NFC tags
- Credit cards reading app (public data only)
- Formatter – software tool for card/tag formatting and programming
- uFR2FileSystem and uFR2File Lite – Keyboard simulation app, with a data reading, data parsing into several formats, and sending data to MySQL database via HTTP
- uFR Shell – Shell-like environment for easy testing and automation
- Browser extensions (add-ons) for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera
- Application for reading ePassports (Machine Readable Travel Documents)
- Digital Signing app
- APDU commands sending software
- JCOP cards programming software.
The documentation contains a detailed explanation of API and communication protocol references, with actual byte-level examples for communication protocol implementation. Our API provides a very comfortable way of implementation, and we highly recommend it. When API implementation is not possible, a communication protocol is a very good alternative. We provide regular updates for all libraries, firmware, examples, tools, and documents. Updates are FREE and are available for download from the official Digital Logic GitLab repository.
Our support team always provides prompt responses. Depending on the inquiry complexity, you can expect an answer in no more than 24 hours.
We are open to custom development requirements based on specific customer needs. Feel free to contact us for any questions or further assistance regarding your projects and implementation.
RFID reader hardware features
Size & Weight
WARRANTY: 36 MONTHS
The uFR Nano device is certified by the following Directives:
|Software Support||Software Development Kit (SDK), Executable Software Tools, Hardware-Integrated Software, Open-source Software Support, Updateable Firmware, Dedicated Libraries|
|Manufacturer||Digital Logic Ltd|
|Device housing type||Device default housing|