Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Wireless NFC RFID Reader Writer - µFR Nano Online with Wi-Fi & BLE (USB interface)
Wireless NFC Reader - µFR Nano Online USB
Network NFC RFID Reader Writer Wi-Fi, BLE, USB
NFC Reader module with WiFi (TCP/IP, HTTP, UDP), BLE (Serial, HID, BLE), and USB interface.
Wireless NFC Reader µFR Nano Online is a cross-platform NFC Reader/Writer based on Digital Logic’s proprietary API and communication protocol, combined with an ESP32 system on a chip microcontroller.
All this fits in a single compact housing with only 86 x 27 x 10 mm dimensions.
µFR Nano Online is a wireless NFC reader based on ISO14443 A/B and ISO18092 standards.
The device hardware is comprised of two main boards, each providing its own set of features and functionality:
- µFR Nano NFC Reader
- ESP32 add-on board.
Since the µFR Nano hardware is one of the integrated parts of this device, µFR Nano Online also uses the entire SDK package like all other devices of the µFR series.
- SDK in multiple programming languages
- Cross-platform libraries
- NFC tag emulation
- Digital Signing support
- Working with MIFARE cards (Classic, Ultralight, Ultralight C, DESFire, DESFire Lite, Plus), NTAG2xx, NTAG DNA, JCOP (Java Cards)
- Firmware, library, and software SDK upgrades
- Browser extensions (Chrome, Firefox, and Opera)
ESP32 add-on board provides:
- Additional communication types such as Wi-Fi (UDP, TCP, HTTP, Web Socket), BLE (BLE, Serial, and HID)
- External device communication ports such as configurable GPIO (6 pins) and UART TTL
- optional RTC (Real Time Clock), and battery for RTC
- 2 RGB LEDs
- optional EEPROM
- Enabled storing software code inside the device
- IDF and Arduino code support
With outstanding modulation and demodulation concepts, and many integrated 13.56 MHz contactless communication protocols, this device implementation becomes reliable and simple for every RFID NFC solution developer.
Both hardware and software, are fully developed, tested, and successfully implemented with the following card/tag types:
- MIFARE Mini®,
- MIFARE Classic® (1K, 4K, EV1),
- MIFARE Ultralight®,
- MIFARE Ultralight C®,
- MIFARE Plus® (2K, 4K),
- MIFARE DESFire® (Light, 2K, 4K, 8K, EV1, EV2),
- NXP NTAG® 21x (210, 213, 215, 216, Tag Tamper),
- NXP NTAG® 4xx DNA (413, 424),
- NXP JCOP® Java Card (J3A040, J3A081, J3H145, JC30M48CR).
Additionally, this tool supports all other tags compatible with the listed above.
Furthermore, the configurable GPIO (4 pins) and UART of the µFR Nano Online device enable the additional NFC Readers to connect. The device may also be upgraded with an external EEPROM and RTC (Real Time Clock).
Even though the supported technologies list is already comprehensive, our development team constantly works on product improvements and upgrades, staying in line with this technology's global trends.
µFR Nano Online is fully compatible with other µFR Series devices. This allows a quick and easy upgrade of all ongoing projects based on other µFR Series devices. Therefore, developers do not need to modify previously written code to integrate it with new hardware. Likewise, the new API set for network connectivity is extremely intuitive and easy to implement.
The introduction of ESP32 support allows users to write their ESP32 code in an Arduino-like IDE, and to create a completely stand-alone working device capable to operate autonomously.
Supported operating modes
- Transparent mode – The device acts like a regular NFC reader and communicates with a host (PC, mobile…) via a USB cable
- Slave mode – The device acts as a regular NFC reader but communicates with a host (PC, mobile…) via Wi-Fi or Ethernet
- Master mode – Standalone mode. The device sends all scanned card information to a predefined server address via the HTTP POST method. It doesn’t require a host (PC, mobile…). It requires, only a stable network connection (Wi-Fi or Ethernet)
- BLE Serial – The device acts as a regular NFC reader but communicates via BLE Serial protocol with a host (PC, mobile, etc)
- BLE – Device acts as a regular NFC reader but communicates via BLE Low Energy protocol with a host (PC, mobile, etc)
- BLE HID – The device acts as a keyboard emulation device (for example a barcode reader). It sends card UID to a paired device’s text input field.
Software Development Kit
The package includes a set of very useful SDK source code software and executable apps. Some of these are:
- MIFARE Classic® (1k, 4k, EV1) cards and tags programming software
- MIFARE® DESFire® (Light, 2k, 4k, 8k, EV1, EV2) cards and tags programming software
- MIFARE PLUS® (2k, 4k) cards and tags programming software
- MIFARE Ultralight® (EV1) cards and tags programming software
- MIFARE Ultralight® C cards and tags programming software
- NTAG® (2xx, DNA, Tag Tamper) cards and tags programming software
- Application for common NDEF messages creating and writing into NFC tags
- Credit card reading app (public data only)
- Formatter – software tool for card/tag formatting and programming
- uFR2FileSystem and uFR2File Lite – Keyboard simulation app, with a data reading, data parsing into several formats, and sending data to MySQL database via HTTP
- uFR Shell – Shell-like environment for easy testing and automation
- Browser extensions (add-ons) for Chrome, Firefox, and Opera
- Application for reading ePassports (Machine Readable Travel Documents)
- Digital Signing app
- APDU commands sending software
- JCOP cards programming software.
More details available on our official website
|Hardware upgrades||Wi-Fi, BLE|
µFR Nano Online Specification
|Packaging & Delivery||
1 x uFR Nano Online GPIO reader (no back cover)
1 x micro USB Cable
Other optional equipment
|Software Support||Software Development Kit (SDK), Executable Software Tools, Hardware-Integrated Software, Open-source Software Support, Updateable Firmware, Dedicated Libraries|
|Manufacturer||Digital Logic Ltd|
|Brand||uFR Online D-Logic|
|Device housing type||Device default housing|